and Regulations //
The Operations Staff will enforce the Three Strike Rule when any of the following rules are violated and will result in termination from the convention grounds. If necessary, the proper authorities will be contacted depending on the severity of the misconduct.
- All attendees must respect themselves, others, and the convention grounds by abiding the Vancouver Convention Exhibition Centre Rules;
- No verbal, physical, and/or cyber aggression
- No damaging any VCEC property or vandalizing;
- No foul, insulting, racial, inappropriate language and behaviour;
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters or similar devices are not permitted on convention grounds;
- Assistance animals only (please see policies below);
- No sexual misconduct, harassment, and inappropriate touching;
- No indecent exposure (please see policies below);
- Engaging in any activities against BC Laws and Regulations;
- Distribution of merchandise(s) or printed material without the consent of Anime Revolution President.
Convention Policies and RegulationsAlcohol Consumption Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited. All participants are required to be sober while attending the convention. Staff and volunteers are given the right to deny attendee entry to the convention if they appear to have had prior consumption of alcohol. Anyone found to be suspicious of intoxication at the convention will be asked to leave the premises. Repeated violations of the alcohol consumption policy at the convention may result in confiscation of the violator’s pass. Animals No animals are allowed with the exception of assistance animals – these animals must be leashed and wear its harness. Any attendee with an assistance animal must be prepared to show their Guide Animal Certificate. Appearance, Costumes, Cosplays and Props Anime Revolution is an event that is open to the public of all ages. Those who do not obey the following will be asked to change, leave the convention area and/or subject to the Three Strike penalty.
- Passes must be visible on costumes at all times. If an attendees’ pass is not shown, they must be prepared to show their pass to a staff or volunteer upon request;
- For safety concerns, all attendees are required to wear footwear (no socks or bare feet) on convention grounds;
- Costumes must not be of harm to the public; this can/may include: sharp and pointy objects, hazardous and harmful materials, large obstructing objects, etc. Please see our Weapons Policy for more details and for Peace Bonding information;
- No indecent exposure. Any see-through material on any private area is strictly prohibited, and please ensure that your cosplay is securely intact;
- Use discretion on cosplay content. Anime Revolution has the right to ask attendees to change/leave if their cosplay is deemed inappropriate or offensive;
- It is recommended that all attendees dress appropriately for the weather (rain, shine, temperature) on convention days. Washrooms are available for changing if necessary.
- Yaoi paddles are not to be permitted in convention grounds.
- Carrying signs that solicit services such as “Free Hugs” and “Will kiss for Pocky!” are not permitted and will be confiscated.
- Physical assault or abuse;
- Unwelcomed comments about a person’s appearance, age, religion, race or sex;
- Anything that induces embarrassment, endanger a person’s safety, or demoralize other’s sense of self-worth;
- Undesired physical contact;
- Provocative actions to encourage negative and hostile environments
- Stored at the seller’s booth until designated time for volunteer or staff to walk the buyers and merchandises off the premises or to be stored in coat check;
- Peace bonded by A.S.T. Staff;
- Not used/engaged in any activity.