It’s time for the AMV contest again!
Unleash your creativity and skills with video editing programs to create the best anime music video of the year and impress the audience!
Breaking any of these would likely disqualify your entry. This WILL be enforced more strictly for this year’s contest.
- All entries must list the anime used at the end of their AMVs. We’ve had massive requests from audiences to show what anime are in these AMVs.
- Entries must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 6 minutes. Keep in mind that we do pre-screen entries for quality.
- Up to 2 entries per team OR person. Multiple entries are allowed (max 2). Please fill up one submission form per entry.
- By submitting your video(s), you agree to let us play, copy, and use it to promote the event. Requests for removal will be put into consideration and handled on a case by case basis.
- Most of your video must be anime/video game footage. This is an anime convention. Use your best judgement.
- Most of your audio must be music. There is no arbitrary magic number for the amount of music. Some narration/dialog is fine. Use your best judgement.
- NSFW content should be limited.
- The screening is open to the general public. Entries with excessive offensive language, nudity, and/or violence might not be accepted. We accept entries with some NSFW content, but keep it reasonable. Use your best judgement.
- Please do not include intros or outros that are more than 20 seconds long. It is fine to integrate credits into the AMV itself.
- If your entries have won 1st place/Best in Show at any other conventions before 5th August 2016, it will not be accepted.
This is to give everybody a fair chance. This rule only applies to those who won 1st place/Best in Show. 2nd+/runner-up is fine.
- All winning AMVs will be available on Anime Revolution’s YouTube account within 3 weeks post-convention. Winning participants can request to have the posting of their submission delayed for up to 2 months. Basically, if you don’t want it posted yet for whatever reason, just let us know.
- All submissions must be labelled in the following format:
[eg: (Pure)_Zerothic_YuiHirasawa_Yui123 @ example.com ]
If the submissions are not labelled in the format above, the submission will be automatically disqualified.
Accepted File Formats & Codecs
- Don’t use content from streaming sites like YouTube/Crunchyroll/etc.
- No subtitles, watermark, or logos on the entry that was not added by you. Broadcast watermarks are fine. We’ll arrange to let you watermark your own entry before it gets posted online.
- Use the proper aspect ratio. Artistic license aside, there is often only one main choice for this. Use your best judgement.
- No interlaced footage in the entry. Progressive please.
You will have a chance to resubmit if it’s not in an accepted format. Quality is not guaranteed if we fix it for you. Please avoid 10bit entries for now.
This is to avoid having to deal with playback issues on exotic format. This is not difficult to correct but it is unnecessary work.
- H.264/AVC (.mp4 container, this is the preferred format)
- MPEG2 (.mpg container)
- MPEG transport stream (.TS container)
- AVIs are fine, but H264 AVIs are automatically rejected; no exceptions
This is flexible as long as audio quality is not severely degraded.
This is flexible as long as the aspect ratio is correct. Here are some suggestions:
This is to minimize playback issues.
Either 23.976fps (24fps) or 29.97fps (30fps)
The equipment is not finalized yet. It is difficult to know what the playback resolution will be or what is even available. This likely won’t be finalized until after the contest entry period ends.
Submissions are judged by the audience during screening.
Anirevo Opening Ceremonies Video
One AMV will be selected to be our opening ceremonies video. It will be chosen by Anirevo Staff. This AMV can showcase previous Anirevo footage and anime. Wow us with what you’ve got!
This will be decided by our internal jury panel. The video stands out as an excellent example of video editing. Things to watch for would be well timed choreography between the video and music (IE: Keyframes in the video should sync to the music, transitions should be flawless), and altering and re-purposing footage from the source anime. (IE: did the video creator alter the source footage to make a new scene.)
This will be decided by the audience.
I’m not sure what I just saw, but my sides still hurt from laughing, OR quite the opposite! I cried, it was so sad…
The People’s Choice:
This will be decided by the audience.
The music selection mixes well with the Anime’s style and theme. This video is clearly the crowd favourite overall.
All winning videos will be played during the Closing Ceremonies, interspersed throughout the event.
August 4th 2023 – Submission deadline, accepted entries will be shown at the screening
August 11th 2023 – Participants notified of entry status
Screening times TBA – AMV Contest screening & Closing ceremony
August 25th 2023 (at latest) – All participants notified of contest results
September 1st 2023 (at latest) – Winning entries posted on Social Media
Any other questions pertaining to this contest should be directed to: [email protected]