“Itasha, literally “painmobile”, is a Japanese term for an otaku fad of individuals decorating the bodies of their cars with characters of anime, manga, or video games.” -Urban Dictionary
Recently there have been some Senmei themed itasha spotted in the area of Greater Vancouver, but no evidence has been documented…yet!
- Event period: Apr 1, 2014 – June 30, 2014
- Strolling aimlessly around Greater Vancouver and see an itasha? Whip out your phones or other electronic devices and take a picture!
- To win, you must have photographic evidence of 2 different itashas.
- The first 6 people to complete photos of both vehicles will win a prize (the 6 prizes will be shared between Facebook and Twitter)
- You can post the photos at different times (ie: Post first vehicle when you see it, and second if you see a few days later), but make sure you mention whether this is your first or second photo.
- All itasha must have been spotted after the event start time, any evidence prior to this day is invalid!
When you have the photo taken, you have two choices:
- Like us on Facebook, Upload it to our Facebook page and tag it as #AnirevoItasha. Alternatively, you can also add #Anirevo and #Itasha
- Follow us on Twitter at @AnimeRevCanada, upload the photo onto twitter and mention us, and add #AnirevoItasha