Table of Contents
Deadline for AniRevo Summer 2019 Panel Submissions has passed
Only Approved Panelists will be contacted on July 4, 2019
- The minimum age to submit panels is 18 years old.
- Panelists must pre-register for a 3-day badge in order to apply as a panelist.
- The Panelist’s pass number MUST be entered into the appropriate space on the Panel Submission Form for consideration.
- Panelists will be expected to behave in a professional manner.
- Panels & workshops that were not submitted as 18+, and that AniRevo Staff observe to contain 18+ material, can be cancelled at our discretion.
- Unless pre-approved by an AniRevo Director, Panelists may not sell anything during their panel.
- AniRevo will provide tech such as speakers, projector, screen, chairs, tables and microphones, as outlined in the panelist submission form. It is the responsibility of the Panelist to bring a laptop or any other equipment needed.
How it Works
- Approved Panelists will be contacted to confirm their ability to present their panel, and discuss any logistics (type of event, attendance estimates, technical requirements, special requests, etc.)
- Approved Panelists will be contacted again one week prior to the convention to confirm that they will, indeed, be running their panel.
- Approved Panelists may pick up their badges at the AniRevo Info booth (not the regular pass pick-up/purchase booths). Passes may be picked up at any time during the con; however, we encourage pick up on Pre-registration day (the day before con).
- Additionally, tours of the rooms will be given on pre-registration day. Logistics will be announced via e-mail to approved Panelists.
- Panelists must check-in with Programming staff at the Info Booth upon arrival on the day of their scheduled panel.
- Panelists must arrive at their designated panel room 30 minutes prior to their start time for sign-in.
- If anything extra is needed, Panelists must immediately inform the staff member on site to make arrangements prior to the start of the panel itself.
- Audience members will be brought in approximately 15 minutes before the panel is scheduled to start – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Main stage is reserved for AniRevo Events or Bands. Panelists will not be considered for the use of main stage. If you wish to participate in an event that takes place on Main Stage please see our Contest and Showcase sign up forms. (link)
- Panelists may not offer food and/or drinks to attendees.
- Panelists may not consume alcohol right before or while conducting a panel, or at any time on the premises period.
- Panelists may not promote illegal activities, subject to Canadian law.
- Slander is not permitted. Panelists may express their personal opinions during their panels, but panelists may not attack the character of others – present or not.
- Physical & Verbal assault upon anyone is strictly prohibited, and will not be tolerated.
Discussion of hentai and sexually explicit content is only permitted during panels designated “18+”. Behaviour deemed inappropriate for panels where legal minors (defined as those under 18 years of age) may attend could result in the termination of a panel in progress and/or the cancellation of a panel group’s scheduled panel(s).
- A maximum of one pass will be reimbursed to any single person.
- Only one Panelist, and one Co-Panelist, can apply to have a maximum of two passes reimbursed (one each) – additional panelists are not be eligible for reimbursement. This includes large groups who run panels together.
- The Panelist and one Co-Panelist who successfully complete one panel are eligible for a 50% reimbursement of the cost of their pre-registration, based on the tier in which they purchased their AniRevo pass.
- The Panelist and one Co-Panelist who successfully complete two panels are eligible for a 100% reimbursement of the cost of their pre-registration, based on the tier in which they purchased their AniRevo pass.
- In order to be eligible for reimbursement, Panelists must check-in at their panel room 30 minutes prior to the start of their panel. They will be given a card to sign, and be required to return it to the Info Booth prior to the end of the convention on Sunday August 5th. Failure to present the check-in formalities card prior to the end of the convention will forfeit any chances of panelist reimbursement.
- Panelists will receive reimbursement via Interac e-transfer no later than 5 weeks following the end of AniRevo Summer. If you are from outside of Canada, or you do not bank with major Canadian Financial Institutions (Scotiabank, CIBC, BMO, Royal Bank, TD, most Credit Unions), please note this on your panel submission form in the notes to make alternate arrangements.
- Please note that all reimbursements will be delivered in Canadian dollars only.
- If situations arise where panelists are not able to commit to their scheduled times due to extenuating circumstances, the Panelist must contact the AniRevo Programming Team immediately to give time to make alternate arrangements for a substitute panel.
- Panelists failing to show at their panel without notice to the AniRevo Programming Team will forfeit any chance of pass reimbursement, and may be banned from running panels at future AniRevo events.
- Vendors and Artists are subject to the terms and conditions presented on their original agreements with Anime Revolution Events Inc. As such, no extra and/or special discounts will apply.
- Any vendor and/or Artist willing to donate product(s) to AniRevo to be used as prizes, swag and/or charitable donations must do so by contacting a Convention Director. While we absolutely appreciate donations, this neither insinuates, nor guarantees, any sort of additional discount or preferential treatment at AniRevo.