Table of Contents
Overview(Formerly Artist Alley) For Anirevo 2017 and onwards, we will be introducing new rules and systems in an effort to increase the quality of the Creator’s Market while maintaining a fair system that gives interested creators a fair chance of acquiring a space at the Creator’s Market. In addition to the (a) Standard Creator’s Table, we will be introducing a (b) One Day Creator’s Table and a (c) Small Press Booth. Each type of booth is designed to accommodate the varying profiles and stages of growth of different artists.
A.) Standard Creator’s TableThe standard fare of every geek convention. The Creator’s Table is for individuals who mostly create arts and crafts to sell on a small scale. Items for sale are limited to craft items, artwork on print media, small medium and DIY produced items. Booths are limited to one per artist and/or company.
B.) One Day Creator’s TablePretty much the same thing as a Standard Creator’s Table, but on a smaller commitment level and holds the advantage of being a limited time booth! This booth type is designed for new artists who want to get a feel for the Creator’s Market, and experienced artists who have limited inventory and sell out fast! The limited time status of these booths allow artists to encourage customers to purchase now instead of holding off until the last day!
C.) Small Press BoothMade for creators and art circles who have grown too big for a Standard Creator’s Table, but aren’t prepared to take on a Vendor booth. While the Standard Creator’s Table has strict restrictions on products sold, the Small Press Booths allow creators to sell their artwork on medium other than paper. The Small Press area allows creators to attract more impressions with the increased space to deploy large displays.
|(A) Standard Creator’s Table||(B) One Day Creator’s Table||(C) Small Press Booth|
|Status:||SOLD OUT||Lottery Signup Available||SOLD OUT|
|Selection Process:||First Come, First Serve w/ Jury Approval||Lottery||First Come, First Serve|
|Booth Size Width x Depth||72″ x 84″ 6 ft x 7 ft||72″ x 84″ 6 ft x 7 ft||120″ x 120″ 10 ft x 10 ft|
|Table Size Width x Depth||30″ x 72″ 2.5 ft x 6 ft||30″ x 72″ 2.5 ft x 6 ft||30″ x 96″ 2.5 ft x 8 ft|
|Number of Tables||1||1||1|
|Badges Included||One (1) 3 Day Artist Badge||One (1) 1 Day Artist Badge||Two (2) 3 Day Artist Badge|
|Extra badges ($50) Buy Now||1||1||1|
|Maximum Booth Reservations per Group (or Company)||1||1||2|
- To qualify for the Creator’s Market, a great majority of the merchandise (arts or crafts) to be sold at the event must consist of amateur artwork or handiwork. Any product that can be mistaken for licensed goods will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Resellers are not allowed to operate in the Creator’s Market.
- The (a) Standard Creator’s Table has now been limited to one booth per artist and/or company to allow fellow creators equal exposure within the confines of the Creator’s Market. This also allows more creators to participate in the market as more tables are made available by the prevention of multiple booth purchases.
- Each type of booth will be grouped together as an attempt to grant fair exposure to every participant of the Creator’s Market.
- There is zero tolerance for plagiarized work and/or products. Any such product will be confiscated and destroyed on site.
- Creators who employ the services of a production company to mass produce products that exceed 4” in any dimension cannot qualify for a Standard Creator’s Table or One Day Creator’s Table. Creators who carry the above described products can apply as a Small Press Creator with the condition that the artwork was either created by himself/herself or an amateur artist affiliated with the seller. (Examples of products not allowed in the Creator’s Table: Mass-produced apparel, ceramics, phone cases, figures.) Print media products are exempt from this rule. (i.e. a product in which majority of the production process consists of printing on a paper or paper-like substrate.)
Assignment of Space
Exhibit space shall be assigned by Organizer in its sole discretion for the Event and for the Event only. Any such assignment does not imply that similar space will be assigned for future events by Organizer. Organizer reserves the right to change the floor plan or to move an Artist to another booth location prior to or during the Event if Organizer in its sole discretion determines that to do so is in the best interest of the Event.
Selection ProcessEach type of Creator’s Market booth features different selection processes to reflect the supply and demand of each booth. Below are the definitions for each selection process type:
- First Come First Serve – the application will be processed in the same order it was received.
- Jury Selection – the application will be processed by a jury where it will be selected based on a preset criteria.
- Lottery – the application will be processed as they are randomly picked from a lottery.
Standard Creator’s Table – First Come, First Serve – Jury ProcessThis type of booth is a staple of every convention event and is in very high demand. The current selection process lends an unfair advantage to creators who have previously sold at the previous events. To improve the overall quality of the Creator’s Market, the following changes will be observed:
- Booth sales will be opened at the same time for everyone who wishes to apply. There will be no early re-booking initiatives available for creators who participated in the previous years.
- All applicants (new or re-bookings) are subject to a one-time Jury Selection Process. Once the applicant has been approved, they will not require any further future reassessment by the jury.
- Approved applicants will be assigned table spaces on a First Come, First Serve basis.
- New and Pre-approved applicants are processed on the same queue. (i.e. If a new applicant sends in their application before a pre-approved applicant, the new applicant will be assessed by the jury first and given a booth space (if shortlisted) before the committee processes the pre-approved applicant).
- Applicants who are unable to make the shortlist will automatically be entered in the lottery for the One Day Creator’s Table (if the option is checked on the application form).
- Applicants who are unable to make the shortlist can apply again until they get approved by the jury. This option is only available once per event hosted by Anirevo.
- Full payment for the booth is due upon application. If the applicant is unable to make the shortlist, the full payment will be refunded. In the case that the applicant has chosen to be entered to the One Day Creator’s Table Lottery, the difference will be refunded instead of the full amount.
One Day Creator’s Table – Lottery SystemThis new booth type allows creators to test out their artwork on the market. This booth type carries the advantage of being a time limited booth. Translate attention to more sales by taking advantage of sense of scarcity generated by being a time limited booth!
- Applicants who are unable to make the shortlist for the Standard Creator’s Table will automatically be entered in the Lottery for the One Day Creator’s Table if the option is checked on the application form.
- Names will be drawn at random from a pool of applicants. The pool will not be reset until all names have been drawn from the pool. There will only be one instance of the application in the pool at all times.
- Depending on the pool size, some creators may be drawn from the pool more than once.
- Creators who are picked from the lottery may trade dates with other creators. (Maximum one transaction per creator. More than one trade requests will be subjected to a fee of $15 per change request)